EntertainmentLatest News

Bradley Cooper, Monica Barbaro spotted filming ‘Ocean’s Eleven’ prequel

Bradley Cooper, Monica Barbaro spotted filming ‘Ocean’s Eleven’ prequel 

Bradley Cooper and Monica Barbaro were spotted filming together for the first time on the Paris set of the untitled Ocean’s Eleven prequel on Tuesday, August 18. 

Cooper, 51, was photographed wearing a headset on set, while Barbaro, 36, was seen getting her hair adjusted by a crew member and dressed in a striking blue-and-white costume.

Sources confirmed to PEOPLE back in March that Cooper had come aboard as writer and director after Lee Isaac Chung, previously attached to helm the film, stepped down earlier this year. 

The two Oscar-nominated actors star opposite Margot Robbie, who has been attached to the project since 2022, when her team first confirmed she and director Jay Roach were developing an original Ocean‘s film set in the 1960s. 

The Hollywood Reporter noted in July that the cast had grown further to include Vicky Krieps, George MacKay, Jack Holden, Lauren Ridloff, Omar Sy, Wagner Moura and Josh Gad. 

The prequel is expected to center on Danny Ocean’s parents, played by Cooper and Robbie, set against the backdrop of the 1963 Monaco Grand Prix, with Moura playing a villain.

Speaking at CinemaCon in April, Robbie teased that audiences will see Danny Ocean’s parents “in their prime” in the new film. 

Production on the prequel comes roughly 10 months after George Clooney said in October 2025 that he and much of the original Ocean‘s cast were aiming to shoot a follow-up sequel, Ocean’s Fourteen, by the end of 2026. 

Reflecting on the appeal of returning to the franchise, Clooney told Variety in December: “There was something about the idea that we’re too old to do what we used to do, but we’re still smart enough to know how to get away with something, that just appeals to me.”

The Ocean’s Eleven prequel marks Cooper’s fourth outing as a director, following his 2018 debut with A Star Is Born, the Leonard Bernstein biopic Maestro, and last year’s Is This Thing On?, all of which he also wrote and starred in. 

The untitled film is set for a June 25, 2027 theatrical release.




Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button