Latest NewsPakistan National News Updates

Security forces neutralise nearly 50 terrorists in Balochistan, KP operations

Security personnel patrol with vehicles on a street in Quetta, Balochistan. — AFP/File
  • Police joined high-tempo, intelligence-driven operations: ISPR
  • Operations part of ongoing counterterrorism campaign: ISPR.
  • Operations conducted in eight districts across KP, Balochistan.

Security forces and police killed 49 terrorists belonging to Indian proxy Fitna al-Khawarij and Fitna al-Hindustan in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) and Balochistan in a series of “high-tempo joint intelligence-driven operations” conducted in the last few days, the military’s media wing said on Friday.

In a statement, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said that in KP, the military’s media wing said that 12 India-backed militants were killed during multiple intelligence-based operations in Bannu, North Waziristan, Orakzai and Khyber districts.

It said that security forces recovered and destroyed a large quantity of explosives, IED detonating remotes, weapons, ammunition and motorcycles during the operations.

In Balochistan, the ISPR said 37 militants belonging to India-sponsored Fitna al-Hindustan were neutralised in 10 intelligence-based operations carried out in Mastung, Mach, Khuzdar and Panjgur districts.

The military’s media wing said that security forces also seized and destroyed a significant quantity of weapons, explosive drums and remote detonation equipment.

The operations were part of an ongoing counterterrorism campaign,” the ISPR added.

The development follows separate IBOs in Balochistan’s Ziarat, Harnai and Surab districts under Operation Rad-ul-Fitna-3 earlier this week that resulted in the killing of at least nine terrorists.

According to the security sources, ammunition, magazines, hand grenades, walkie-talkies, a motorcycle and other equipment were recovered from the killed terrorists.

Pakistan has witnessed a surge in terror activities, particularly in its KP and Balochistan provinces, since 2021, when the Afghan Taliban came into power.

According to a report by the Centre for Research and Security Studies (CRSS), the two provinces remained the country’s main hotspots for violence during the second quarter of 2026, with KP emerging as the worst-affected region.

The report stated that KP and Balochistan together accounted for nearly 96% of all violence-related fatalities recorded during the quarter. Of the total deaths, more than 61% (475) were reported in KP, while Balochistan accounted for 34% (265).

KP also recorded the highest number of violent incidents, with 151 cases, representing 57% of the nationwide total. Balochistan followed with 94 incidents, or 35%, underscoring the concentration of militant activity in the two provinces.




Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button